Coffee. Sweet cream. Protein. Honestly, need I say more? These insanely delicious, protein-packed pancakes are the perfect start to any morning. Simultaneously satisfying that coffee craving while meeting those macronutrient numbers, there’s really no way to lose with these babies.
This recipe has been brought to you by The Swole Kitchen, 1:1 Customized Nutrition Programming. Learn more at www.theswolekitchen.com
These pancakes store well in well-sealed containers that are refrigerated. They may not stay fresh-tasting for many days so I would recommend eating them within a day or two of making them. If you are a huge coffee fan and want all the coffee flavor, vanilla extract is an ingredient used to enhance flavors within a recipe. Add a bit more to get a stronger coffee taste.
Swolverine's Vanilla Whey Isolate does not have to be the only flavor used. If you are feeling adventurous and don’t mind losing a bit of the rich coffee taste, go ahead and try our Chocolate or Honey-Cinnamon-Peanut Butter flavors as well.
Our collagen protein may also be an option in the replacement of the Vanilla Whey Isolate protein powder. We recommend adding a half-serving more of the vanilla and coffee extract to capitalize on the coffee flavor.
Tiramisu Protein Pancakes: Ingredients
- Serving Size: 2 people, 6-8 pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 scoop Swolverine vanilla protein powder (can use chocolate but it may mask the coffee flavor a bit)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder (sodium-free is an option)
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup cold-brewed coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp coffee extract (If you used chocolate Swolverine protein, you can add a bit extra to taste)
Sweet cream filling
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese (low-fat is an option)
- 1 banana
- ¼ tsp coffee extract
- Cocoa powder and cinnamon optional
Tiramisu Protein Pancakes: Directions
- Using a blender or food processor, grind oats down into a flour consistency. Combine all of the powders into a bowl – oat flour, protein powder, ground flaxseed, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they become frothy and add the liquids into the bowl. Stir. Then add the dry ingredients.
- Let the batter settle for a few minutes while the pan heats up to about medium heat.
- Pour about a ½ cup of the batter into the pan to form a medium-sized pancake. Let each side cook for 3-5 minutes, consistently checking the bottom, letting it cook until it is golden brown. There should be 6-8 pancakes made from this batter.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until it is a smooth consistency.
- Once the pancakes are finished, add the desired amount of sweet cream to the tops and garnish with cocoa and/or cinnamon powder.
Tiramisu Protein Pancakes: Nutrition Facts
The macros on this recipe are quite impressive, with nearly 50g of protein, 50g of carbs, and around 9g of fat. Gains are so tasty these days!
Without the cream, the pancakes supply you with 35g of protein, 24g of carbs, and 8 of fat. With the cream, the recipe holds an additional 11g of protein with 46 of protein, 40 of carbs, 8.6 of fat
Tiramisu Protein Pancakes: Takeaway
Whether this is a surprise breakfast in bed for your bae on their birthday or a dessert treat after a long day, this tiramisu treat hits the spot all while hitting your macros.
Looking For A Delicious Protein Powder For Your Oatmeal?
SWOLVERINE IS AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLE BRAND. MADE FOR THE ELITE ATHLETE, AND THE STRONG-WILLED OUR PRODUCTS WERE DESIGNED TO FUEL YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. WE PERFORM WHEN YOU PERFORM.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle