Perfectly balanced recipes are hard to come by, but this vegan stuffed acorn squash with pecans and wild rice is a delicious festive addition to your Friendsgiving this holiday season. Buttery, with elements of different textures and crunch, this recipe is full of flavor and simple, with minimal ingredients and can be on your dinner table in less than an hour.
Acorn Squash Nutrition
Vibrant and sweet, Acorn squash is a winter squash, that belongs to the Cucurbitaceous gourd family, similar to the pumpkin. Acorn squash is incredibly nutritious, full of vitamins and minerals.
One cup (205 grams) of cooked acorn squash offers
- Calories: 115
- Carbs: 30 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fiber: 9 grams
- Provitamin A: 18% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Vitamin C: 37% of the DV
- Thiamine (vitamin B1): 23% of the DV
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6): 20% of the DV
- Folate (vitamin B9): 10% of the DV
- Iron: 11% of the DV
- Magnesium: 22% of the DV
- Potassium: 26% of the DV
- Manganese: 25% of the DV
Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash Wild Rice/Pecans Ingredients
- 2 medium acorn squash (cut in half, seeds removed)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Wild Rice Stuffing:
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 tsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash Wild Rice/Pecans Recipe Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with foil
- Cut the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds
- Spray or drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the brown sugar and ground cinnamon
- Roast the squash in the oven for 40-60 minutes or until the squash is soft
- While this is roasting, make the wild rice stuffing by adding the wild rice, water, thyme and oregano into a pot over medium heat. Bring the water to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer. Place a towel over the top of the pot and cover with the lid until the wild rice is cooked fully.
- Before the wild rice gets stuck to the bottom of the pan, add the olive oil, orange juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried cranberries and pecans, as well as the maple syrup. You can add more or less cranberries and nuts as you prefer.
- Remove the squash from the oven and stuff each with the wild rice mix. Put back into the oven and bake for 12 minute at the same heat.
Need Help With Optimizing Your Diet And Nutrition Plan To Finally Get The Results You've Been Waiting For?
SWOLVERINE IS AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLE BRAND. MADE FOR THE ELITE ATHLETE, AND THE STRONG-WILLED OUR PRODUCTS WERE DESIGNED TO FUEL YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. WE PERFORM WHEN YOU PERFORM.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.