If you're looking for the best recipe for delicious, buttery mashed potatoes, you've come to the right place. Mashed potatoes are the staple side dish, and personally my favorite when it comes to Thanksgiving, or any given Tuesday, holiday season or not. Get ready to fall in love with this vegan garlic mashed potatoes recipe.
Potatoes are mainly composed of complex carbohydrates which come from starch, and fiber. The difference between starch and fiber is that starch is composed of many sugar molecules and is broken down easily and converted into glucose. Fiber is a bundle of sugar molecules as well but does not spike blood sugar. The human digestive system cannot break fiber down until it nears the end of the digestive tract, and is therefore considered to be a non-digestible carbohydrate.
Potatoes are mainly composed of starch, with 17.3g of its total 21g of total carbs. Potatoes also contain beneficial resistant starch which like fiber, passes directly through the GI tract benefiting gut health and minimally affecting blood glucose.
Complex carbohydrates are the preferred choice of carbs, to help keep you lean and healthy. Complex carbs slow the absorption of sugars, which remove cholesterol and slows down your digestion to keep you fuller for longer.
One medium baked potato contains roughly
Percent Daily Recommended Intake
Pantothenic Acid [B5]
Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes For Thanksgiving Ingredients
- 1 pound Russet Potato
- 1 pound Yukon Gold Potato
- 4-5 tbsp vegan butter (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika to top
Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe For Thanksgiving Directions
- In a large pot, add water and place over medium heat
- Peel the potatoes and add them at one time to the boiling water
- Boil potatoes until you can insert a fork into them and it is soft (not so soft that they fall apart in the water)
- When cooked thoroughly, drain and add to a bowl (or back into the pot)
- Add the butter, salt, ground pepper, and minced garlic.
- Using a hand mixer or hand masher, mix the potatoes until they’re creamy.
- Serve with another dollop of butter on top, additional salt, pepper, vegan sour cream, chopped chives, and whatever else you like on top.
Need Help With Optimizing Your Diet And Nutrition Plan To Finally Get The Results You've Been Waiting For?
SWOLVERINE IS AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLE BRAND. MADE FOR THE ELITE ATHLETE, AND THE STRONG-WILLED OUR PRODUCTS WERE DESIGNED TO FUEL YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. WE PERFORM WHEN YOU PERFORM.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.