If you’re looking for more variety in your workout program the Zottman curl is it. A combination of a bicep curl and reverse curl this super set dream combination will pump up your arms and your triceps all in one fluid motion.
What Is The Zottman Curl
The Zottman curl is a very effective bicep dumbbell exercise that combines a conventional bicep curl with a reverse curl.
This strength training movement is an exceptional exercise to add to your training day split to help fully contract your bicep while also progressively overloading your forearms on the eccentric phase of the lift.
Zottman Curl Muscles Worked
Zottman curl primarily targets and isolates the bicep muscle. This muscle group consists of two heads, the shorts and the long head that work in conjunction to generate more power, force, and strength
During the reverse curl, more emphasis is placed on the brachioradalis or the forearm muscles.
Zottman Curl Benefits
Zottman curl is an isolated movement therefore it does not necessarily provide any functional benefit, but will help build bigger, stronger arms. Adding this this exercise to your training split will add more strength and build more muscle mass in your biceps as well as your forearms.
The real benefit of the Zottman curl is that the positive portion of each rep contracts the biceps (biceps brachii and brachialis) and the negative phase targets the forearms (brachioradialis and brachialis muscles).
How To Do a Zottman Curl
- Standing holding a dumbbell in each hand
- Rotate your wrists into a supinated position (palms facing upwards). Arms fully extended and resting by your sides
- Place your feet shoulder width apart to establish a solid base
- Contract and isolate your biceps as hard as you can and curl the dumbbells upwards as you bend your elbows
- Pause at the top of the movement.
- Rotate your wrists into a pronated position (palms facing the floor)
- Slowly lower and deload down until your arms are extended
- Twist the dumbbells back into the starting position as described at above (palms facing upwards) for the next rep
- Repeat for the desired number of reps
Zottman Curl: Takeaway
There’s a reason why strong man, George Zottman created this movement, because it works. Athletes are always looking for more variety in their training, and the Zaman curl can be a refreshing and much-needed change to your training day routine for stronger biceps, forearms, and a bigger build.
Need Help With Optimizing Your Nutrition And Training Plan To Finally Get The Results You've Been Waiting For?
SWOLVERINE IS AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLE BRAND. MADE FOR THE ELITE ATHLETE, AND THE STRONG-WILLED OUR PRODUCTS WERE DESIGNED TO FUEL YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. WE PERFORM WHEN YOU PERFORM.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.