If you're looking for a faster way to weight loss, Garcinia Cambogia might be exactly what you're looking for. Losing weight can be an unnerving journey, especially when your diet is on point, you're working out five days a week, and still can't lose the weight you want.
Most of you are probably wondering and have questions like, What is Garcinia Cambogia? What Are The Benefits Of Garcinia Cambogia? How Does Garcinia Cambogia Work? And Why Should You Take Garcinia Cambogia? Well, we’re going to answer these questions and many more so you can find out if Garcinia Cambogia is right for your health and fitness goals.
What Is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia Cambogia is the fruit rind of the Garcinia gummi-gutta tree, which is native to India and Southeast Asia (2). Garcinia Cambogia resembles a small green pumpkin and has a very sour taste that is often used as a food condiment, or additive to curry dishes. Garcinia’s biggest claim to fame, however, is its ability to speed up weight loss, suppress appetite, and boost metabolism.
How Does Garcinia Cambogia Work?
Garcinia Cambogia contains an extract called hydroxycitric acid (HCA). Research has shown that HCA helps with weight loss through two unique mechanisms of action.
- HCA helps with weight loss by competitively inhibiting the enzyme adenosine triphosphatase-citrate-lyase (3).
- HCA has also been reported to increase the release of serotonin to the brain, therefore leading to appetite suppression (4)
What Are The Benefits Of Garcinia Cambogia?
HCA helps interrupt the fat producing process, by inhibiting the key enzyme citrate lyase, which is a critical factor in producing fat from carbohydrates.
In a prospective clinical trial published in the Journal of Complementary And Alternative Medicine, 214 obese or overweight subjects, were administered 500mg of Garcinia Cambogia twice a day for 6 months. Subjects were evaluated for weight, fat mass, visceral fat, basal metabolic rate, and lipid and glucose blood profiles comparing them with basal values. The results showed statistically significant reductions in each evaluated parameter, producing weight loss, reducing fat mass, lipid and blood glucose profiles while increasing basal metabolic rate (5).
Another benefit of Garcinia Cambogia is its ability to suppress appetite. So if you’re an emotional eater, then listen up. Serotonin is made from the essential amino-acid tryptophan and sends signals between your nerve cells, with a substantial amount of Serotonin being found in your digestive system. What’s unique about Serotonin is that it helps reduce depression, regulate anxiety, and improves mood. Since HCA increases serotonin levels, it will help regulate depression and anxiety, which drives many people to emotionally eat. Thus as serotonin levels rise, your mood will also improve, resulting in less emotional eating.
Improves Cholesterol Levels
According to the research, Garcinia Cambogia benefits cholesterol levels, due to it ability to optimize blood lipid levels. A rat study published in the journal of clinical and diagnostic research, revealed that Garcinia Cambogia can simultaneously reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) levels while raising good cholesterol (HDL). Optimized cholesterol levels can help prevent blockages in blood vessels and reduce plaque deposits, lowering the chance of stroke or and heart attacks, facilitating better blood flow and delaying the onset of fatigue (6).
Should You Take Garcinia Cambogia?
If you’re trying to lose weight, and you feel like you’re stuck, or at a plateau, then Garcinia Cambogia could be a great addition to your nutritional protocol and diet. Although limited with small sample sizes, studies have shown that Garcinia Cambogia does promote weight loss benefits and can support a reduction in body fat, while suppressing appetite. Of course, taking a supplement alone will not help you shed unwanted pounds and protect you from weight gain. But in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise regimen, it can definitely help speed up the process to so you can meet your goals faster.
If you’re having trouble figuring out where to start, then read the article below. Optimizing your nutrition and creating a healthy diet is the first step to achieve your weight loss goals.
RELATED ARTICLE 5 Simple Steps On How to Create The Best Diet Plan
Looking For The Best Fat Burner To Help You Burn More Body Fat?
SWOLVERINE IS AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLE BRAND. MADE FOR THE ELITE ATHLETE, AND THE STRONG-WILLED OUR PRODUCTS WERE DESIGNED TO FUEL YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. WE PERFORM WHEN YOU PERFORM.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.
- Onakpoya, Igho et al. “The Use of Garcinia Extract (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Weight loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Clinical Trials” Journal of obesity 2011 (2010): 509038.
- Roongpisuthipong C, Kantawan R, Roongpisuthipong W. Reduction of adipose tissue and body weight: effect of water soluble calcium hydroxycitrate in Garcinia atroviridison the short term treatment of obese women in Thailand. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2007;16(1):25–29
- Downs BW, Bagchi M, Subbaraju GV, Shara MA, Preuss HG, Bagchi D. Bioefficacy of a novel calcium-potassium salt of (-)-hydroxycitric acid. Mutation Research. 2005;579(1-2):149–162
- Toromanyan E, Aslanyan G, Amroyan E, Gabrielyan E, Panossian A. Efficacy of Slim339®in reducing body weight of overweight and obese human subjects. Phytotherapy Research. 2007;21(12):1177–1181.
- Maia-Landim, Andrea et al. “Long-term effects of Garcinia cambogia/Glucomannan on weight loss in people with obesity, PLIN4, FTO and Trp64Arg polymorphisms” BMC complementary and alternative medicine 18,1 26. 24 Jan. 2018, doi:10.1186/s12906-018-2099-
- Sripradha, Ramalingam and Sridhar Gopalakrishna Magadi. “Efficacy of garcinia cambogia on body weight, inflammation and glucose tolerance in high fat fed male wistar rats” Journal of clinical and diagnostic research : JCDR 9,2 (2015): BF01-4.