The single arm cable row is a unilateral isotonic exercise, which isolates the back and focuses on core stabilization. Unilateral movements can help build more strength in specific muscular groups, supporting improvements in muscular imbalances, weaknesses, and improving focus and activation. Single Arm Cable Row is a great addition to your back training split, helping improve definition, strength, and a well balanced physique.
Single-Arm Cable Row
The single arm cable row is a unilateral isotonic exercise, meaning only one side of the body is used in order to product muscle contraction. Traditionally, the single arm cable row is performed seated at a workstation, however you can also stand while using a cable. The seated single-arm cable row will provide more stabilization to lift heavier loads by providing optimal core and spinal stabilization.
Single-Arm Cable Row Variations
- Reverse Grip Seated Cable Row
- Close Grip Seated Cable Row
- Wide Grip Seated Cable Row
Single-Arm Cable Row Benefits
- Increased Strength
- Better Posture
- Stronger Upper Back
- Better Back Definition
- Better Core Stability
- Increased Core Strength
- Improved Muscular Balance
How To Perform A Single-Arm Cable Row
- Sitting on the bench/platform place your feet shoulder width apart with your knees bent and grasp the cable attachment (handle) with one hand.
- Brace your core with your feet firmly planted into the platform foothold and pull the handle and weight back.
- Pull the weight back, with your hand placed firmly on the handle and pull keeping your elbow tight and tucked close to your body, keeping your back straight avoiding any additional movement.
- Squeeze your shoulder blade and contract, holding for 1-2 seconds.
- Return the handle forward, until you feel a stretch in your lat, and shoulder keeping your back straight, then repeat.
Single-Arm Cable Row Tips And Tricks
- Your back should remain straight at all times, and momentum should be avoided. Imagine someone is sitting behind you, back-to-back.
- Retract and squeeze your shoulder blade for a 1-2 count to improve strength and results, and avoid fast, erratic reps.
- Don’t slam the weight at the end of your set and make sure you have fluid motion throughout each rep.
Need Help With Optimizing Your Diet And Nutrition Plan To Finally Get The Results You've Been Waiting For?
SWOLVERINE IS AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLE BRAND. MADE FOR THE ELITE ATHLETE, AND THE STRONG-WILLED OUR PRODUCTS WERE DESIGNED TO FUEL YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. WE PERFORM WHEN YOU PERFORM.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.