Spaghetti Squash is a delicious and nutritious side dish that take any dinner from good to great. Underrated, and not as popular as other veggie side dishes, spaghetti squash is a fun and easy to make complex carb that can replace a heavy starch like pasta, or rice to help you reach your health and fitness goals.
What Is Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash is a type of winter squash. Often used as a substitute for simple carbs such as pasta, spaghetti squash is low in carbohydrates, high in fiber, and great source of vitamins and minerals. In comparison to butternut squash, spaghetti squash has 2.5g of fiber, as compared to 6.6 grams and 43g of carbs, compared to 21g.
Spaghetti Squash Nutrition
Spaghetti squash is a great source of complex carbohydrates as well as fiber and micronutrients. Spaghetti squash is also rich in carotenoids a type of antioxidant, which can help eradicate free radicals and oxidative stress. Carotenoids are responsible for the yellowish color the squash and convert to Vitamin A. Antioxidants are extremely beneficial, due to their anti-inflammatory properties, which can eradicate free radicals and slow the progression of age-related disease and infection.
- Calories: 42
- Fat: 0.4g
- Sodium: 412mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugars: 3.9g
- Protein: 1g
- Manganese: 0.2mg
- Vitamin A: 9.3mcg
- Vitamin B6: 0.2mg
- Vitamin C: 5.4mg
Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt And Ground Cracked Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375-400°F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribbing. Drizzle the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place both sides of the spaghetti squash cut side down on the baking sheet and use a fork to poke holes.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside, fork tender, but still a bit firm. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your squash. Usually it will take between 30-40 minutes, and will also cook differently if place don convection, or bake.
- Remove from the oven and flip the squash so that it’s cut side up. Use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the sides of the squash and ENJOY!
Need Help With Optimizing Your Diet And Nutrition Plan To Finally Get The Results You've Been Waiting For?
SWOLVERINE IS AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLE BRAND. MADE FOR THE ELITE ATHLETE, AND THE STRONG-WILLED OUR PRODUCTS WERE DESIGNED TO FUEL YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. WE PERFORM WHEN YOU PERFORM.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.