If you're looking for an amazing and delicious meal prep idea for the week, well here it is - Chicken Tikka Masala. This chicken tikka masala recipe with a side of mouth watering spaghetti squash from Ice Age Meals, is a fan favorite of athletes and foodies alike. The best part is, if you don't feel like prepping it, then you can always grab it from Ice Age Meals and have it delivered straight to your doorstep.
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
● 22 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into large pieces
● 750 grams spaghetti squash, halved seeded, roasted and scraped (see below)
● 4 cups onions, diced
● 2 cups tomato puree
● 6 oz tomato paste
● 10 oz light coconut milk
● 1 teaspoon olive oil
● 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled, and minced
● 8 cloves garlic, minced
● Kosher salt, to taste
● Black pepper, to taste
● Masala spice mixture (see below)
● 2 cups fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Ingredients for Masala Mixture
● 3 tablespoons paprika
● 2 tablespoons cumin
● 1 tablespoon coriander
● 1 teaspoon cinnamon
You can add cardamom, cayenne pepper, turmeric, brown mustard, etc., but the spices above will get you headed in the right direction.
Spaghetti Squash Prep:
● Cut a spaghetti squash in half and scrape out the seeds.
● Place the two halves, flesh side up, on a foil-lined sheet pan.
● Season with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper.
● Roast at 350°F until soft, approximately 30-40 minutes.
● Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 15 minutes, then scrape into the spaghetti-like strands using a fork.
● Eat immediately or cool and store in the refrigerator for up to one week or the freezer for up to six months.
Chicken Tikka Masala: Preparation
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of masala mixture. Stir to combine the spices and oil and toast the spices for about 30 seconds.
Add the garlic and ginger, and stir to incorporate. Cook for 1 minute longer.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place it, seasoned side down, into the pan. Then season the top side again with salt and pepper and stir to incorporate into the spice mixture. Push the chicken to one side of the pan and add the onions to the other half. Cook for 2 minutes, then stir the onions into the chicken and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Add the tomato paste and stir, then add the coconut milk and tomato puree. Stir to combine and cook until the chicken is done, about 2-3 minutes longer and cut the heat.
Portion out 150 grams of spaghetti squash into six containers.
When the chicken is done, season the sauce with salt and pepper and the remaining Masala mixture.
Fold in the fresh cilantro and then divvy up the chicken and sauce over the spaghetti squash. Use a scale to measure accurately.
Refrigerate for up to one week or freeze for up to 6 months.
Chicken Tikka Masala: Takeaway
This chicken tikka masala recipe from Ice Age Meals, is not only delicious, but it's healthy, nutritious, and delivers the perfect ratio of macros, to help you build more strength, muscle mass, lose body fat, and help you reach your health and fitness goals. Nutrition is the most important aspect to your health and fitness and with this healthy meal prep recipe, you'll be one step closer to building the healthy lifestyle you want and crave.