What's better than donuts? Donuts that fit your macros and that are packed with high-quality protein! This easy to make protein donut recipe is perfect for any day, event, or used for our favorite reason, weekly meal prep. Similar to other baking recipes, you're going to want flour, milk, eggs, water, and some baking powder, but the biggest thing you need is going to be Swolverine's Whey Protein Isolate. You can make chocolate, vanilla, or honey cinnamon peanut butter protein donuts.
THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE SWOLE KITCHEN, 1:1 CUSTOMIZED NUTRITION PROGRAMMING. LEARN MORE AT WWW.THESWOLEKITCHEN.COM
The Best Protein Powder For Baking
We recommend using Whey Protein Isolate from Swolverine for your baking recipes. Here's why:
Swolverine's Whey Protein Isolate
26g protein per 30g scoop serving (30 servings total)
100 calories, 1g carb, 1g sugar (per serving)
Added Branched Chain Amino Acids
2.5mg Leucine, 1.25mg Isoleucine, & 1.25mg Valine per serving
Papain & Protease (added digestive enzymes)
10 mg per serving for better digestion
You can purchase the Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate that we used in this exact recipe by clicking HERE 😛🍰
The Easiest Protein Donut Recipe
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 scoops of Swolverine Whey Protein Isolate
- 1/3 cup Truvia
- 1/3 Cup Nut or Dairy Milk
- 1 Egg (Whole)
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Mix Egg and Egg whites together
- Add other wet ingredients
- sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Pour into greased donut mold, mason jar lids (as pictured below). If you don't have either, you can use a greased baking sheet and shape it into a donut.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes * If your donuts look like a hockey puck, cut the middle out to make a Donut Hole!
- Let cool before eating
Icing Directions (Optional)
Mix Protein Powder with choice of milk until thick and creamy, pour over donuts when cooled, add sprinkles, and enjoy!