No, this is not a joke, and we are not kidding. Ice age meals, has made it possible to have a delicious, macro balanced, pizza for the most important meal of the day - breakfast. This delicious breakfast pizza is made with eggs, sausage, poblano peppers, mushrooms, and sweet yams. You're going to want to have a slice of this thick, crispy, perfection everyday of the week for your morning meal prep. The best part, is that if you don't have time or feel like meal prepping, you can go grab if from Ice Age Meals right here and get 10% off when you use code IAMSWOLVERINE at checkout.
Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza Recipe
1 Pound Hot Italian Sausage
1 Large Onion, diced
3 Poblano Peppers, diced
3 Yams, roasted and roughly chopped
3 Cups Mushrooms, sliced
2 Cups Black Olives, sliced
3 Large Roma Tomatoes, diced top.
10 Whole Eggs or 20 Egg Whites
Kosher Salt to taste
Olive Oil as needed
Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza: Preparation
1. Heat a 14-in cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add Italian Sausage in small chunks and cook until done, then remove from pan. (Use a little olive oil, if necessary, but rendered fat should be a sufficient cooking agent.)
3. Add onions, a touch of olive oil, poblano peppers and some salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add yams and mushrooms and lightly salt again. Cover pans with a lid or piece of aluminum foil and cook 5 minutes longer.
5. While veggies are cooking, crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until uniform.
6. Remove the lid from the pan, add sausage, olives and tomatoes. Stir well and add eggs and cover again.
7. Cook until eggs are set, then remove lid/foil and broil the top side in the oven in order to dry it out and brown it slightly.
8. When finished, place a piece of parchment paper over the top, place an inverted sheet pan on top of that, and invert the skillet and pan together. Place on a counter and remove the skillet from the top.
9. Slice and eat immediately, or allow to cool completely, then slice, portion, wrap and freeze/refrigerate.
Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza: Takeaway
This paleo deep dish breakfast pizza, is not only delicious, but it's healthy, nutritious, and loaded with a perfect macro split between protein, carbs, and fat to help you power your performance and maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you don't feel like making the recipe, just go to Ice Age and have them delivered straight to your doorstep.