For the past two decades, Creatine Monohydrate has been king in the sports supplement arena. With extensive research and hundreds of clinical studies backing its ability to help accelerate power and strength, creatine monohydrate is a proven powerhouse supplement that can help optimize performance. But eventually, every king has to be dethroned.
In this article, you’re going to learn
- What Is Kre-Alkalyn Creatine?
- How Does Kre-Alkalyn Work?
- What Are The Benefits Of Kre-Alkalyn?
- What’s The Difference Between Kre-Alkalyn vs. Creatine Monohydrate?
- Clinical Studies That Prove The Power Of Kre-Alkalyn
- How To Use Kre-Alkalyn
- What Are The Side Effects Of Kre-Alkalyn?
- Is Kre-Alkalyn Right For You?
What Is Kre-Alkalyn?
Kre-Alkalyn is a patented pH correct form of Creatine phosphate. Kre-alkalyn was created to address the negative side effects of creatine monohydrate, namely the toxic conversion to the by-product creatinine. Creatinine is a corollary of creatine metabolism and can cause negative side effects such as water retention, bloating, and muscle cramps.
By adding an alkaline powder such as (soda ash, magnesium glycerol phosphate, bicarbonate) to ordinary creatine monohydrate, it stabilizes the acidity level between 7-14, making it more bioavailable and inhibiting the process of creatinine conversion.
In a study published in the International Journal of Pharmacology, pH and stability testing was conducted to see how Kre-Alkalyn compared to creatine monohydrate, in regards to creatinine conversion. Both real-time and accelerated testing were conducted to determine shelf-life stability. Only after 150 days or the equivalent to 5 years of real-time during the accelerated testing was there a diminutive amount of creatine converted into creatinine and 0.1% after 180 days, which is equivalent to 6 years in real-time. Creatine monohydrate has a pH between 2-3 as soon as it is dissolved in water, resulting in a highly acidic environment. Since the environment is more acidic, it immediately converts to creatinine, which causes side effects such as bloating, water retention, and cramping. This also means your body needs more creatine monohydrate since it’s less bioavailable. [R]
How Does Kre-Alkalyn Work?
Much like creatine monohydrate, research shows that Kre-Alkalyn increases strength and improves exercise performance [R]. Added creatine in the muscle cells, results in more rapid ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) generation between functional movements, or workout sets, allowing athletes to maintain higher training intensity and improve the quality of the workouts during training [R]. Therefore, by having more creatine within your muscle cells, your body has the ability to generate more energy, power, and speed, which translates into bigger gains.
What Are The Benefits Of Kre-Alkalyn?
The major benefits of Kre-Alkalyn come during very intense bouts of exercise, such as lifting, jumping, and sprinting. With the addition of creatine to support ATP generation, your body exerts a maximum physical effort before it depends on the breakdown of carbohydrates, specifically glucose to provide energy through glycolysis. Supplementing with Kre-Alkalyn is reported to increase the content of creatine phosphate in muscle by approximately 20%. Research shows that
- Kre-Alkalyn is proven to help increase strength and exercise performance [R]
- Kre-Alkalyn helps increase lean muscle mass [R]
- Kre-Alkalyn has the added benefit of significantly improving VO2 Max [R].
- Kre-Alkalyn Increases Endurance & Stamina [R].
What’s The Difference Between Kre-Alkalyn And Creatine Monohydrate?
It’s true that both creatine monohydrate and Kre-Alkalyn can dramatically improve exercise performance. But there are some noteworthy differences between kre-aklayn vs creatine monohydrate that can make a significant difference in your training and overall performance
- Creatine Monohydrate can cause gastrointestinal issues such as bloating, stomachaches or cramping from converting creatine into creatinine (a toxic by-product of creatine conversion)
- Kre-Alkalyn is not degraded to creatinine and therefore solves the gastrointestinal issues and side effects of creatine monohydrate such as bloating and cramping.
- Creatine Monohydrate requires a loading phase of 4-5 doses (typically 5 grams per dose) per day for up to 5 days and once a day thereafter.
- Since Kre-Alkalyn is pH correct and stabilized, it more bioavailable meaning your body can produce the same effects with much smaller doses. 1.5 grams of Kre-Alkalyn is equivalent to about 10–15 grams of ordinary Creatine Monohydrate
- Creatine Monohydrate requires cycles, specifically 1 week of loading, 4-5 weeks of maintenance, and 1-2 weeks off, which results in wasted product and wasted money. Kre-Alkalyn does not require cycling or loading
Clinical Studies That Prove The Power Of Kre-Alkalyn
Kre-Alkalyn Helps Improve Endurance & Stamina
The effects of creatine monohydrate have been extensively researched, however clinical trials involving the use of kre-alkalyn are somewhat limited.
In an FDA guided, head-to-head control study to assess the endurance and stamina differences between kre-alkalyn and creatine monohydrate, 12 subjects were administered either 1.5g of kre-alkalyn or creatine one-hour pre-workout. Each subject was placed on a cycle and increased the level of difficulty for a total of 14 steps every 15 seconds.
The creatine group cycled for an average of 55 seconds with an average heart rate of 150, compared to the kre-alkalyn group, who cycled for an average of 120 seconds at an average heart rate of 145.
The results indicate that supplementing with kre-alkalyn able to sustain greater endurance and increased stamina than the creatine group by 118.2% [R].
Kre-Alkalyn Helps Improve VO2 Max
In a clinical trial comparing Kre-Alkalyn to Creatine Monohydrate by a panel of physicians, at Greenberg Medical Center in Bulgaria, 24 male Olympic level soccer playres were divided into two test groups. Group one ingested 750 mg of Kre-Alkalyn, while group two ingested 750 mg of Creatine Monohydrate for a test period of 16 weeks.
The results indicated that despite a negligible difference between the two groups in lean muscle mass and muscle strength, there was a significant increase in VO2 Max within the Kre-Alkalyn group [R].
With a higher maximal oxygen consumption, you can dramatically improve running, rowing, and cycling capacity.
Kre-Alkalyn Improves Strength
Research also indicates that Kre-Alkalyn improves greater strength gains than compared to creatine monohydrate. In a double-blind controlled study, 24 male Olympic weightlifters were administered 5g of kre-alkalyn or creatine monohydrate per day for 8 weeks. Performance measurements were taken at 1RM for squat, snatch, clean and jerk, and high snatch.
After 8 weeks, the results showed that the Creatine Monohydrate group displayed an average increase over baseline of 8.39% for the snatch, clean & jerk, high snatch, & back squat. The Kre-Alkalyn group displayed an average increase over baseline of 10.76%.
By comparison, the average increase in total lifts for the KreAlkalyn group in the snatch, clean & jerk, high snatch, & back squat was 28.25% over the Creatine Monohydrate group. [R]
What's The Recommended Dose Of Kre-Alkalyn?
According to all the clinical studies, the recommended kre-alkalyn dosage is 3g per serving. The best way to take Kre-Alkalyn for a maximum benefit in athletic performance is supplementing 3g twenty minutes before each training session.
Unlike creatine monohydrate, you don't need to load or cycle kre-alkalyn, since it doesn't need time to build creatine levels, and can be utilized immediatly.
RECOMMENDED PRODUCT Kre-Alkalyn, 100 Servings, (Unflavored)
What Are The Side Effects Of Kre-Alkalyn?
Unlike creatine monohydrate, clinical studies have shown that kre-alkalyn is safe and non-toxic for human consumption with no known side effects [R]
Is Kre-Alkalyn Right For You?
If creatine monohydrate is currently part of your supplement regimen, then you should consider making a switch to kre-alkalyn. Studies suggest, that Kre-Alklayn can further improve strength more so, than creatine monohydrate as well as endurance, without the associated negative side effects. If you want to become a better or more competitive athlete, then why wouldn’t you use the best type of creatine to improve your performance?
Thinking about supplementing your fitness with Kre-Alkalyn?
Swolverine's Kre-Alkalyn® is a patented pH correct form of creatine phosphate. With the addition of creatine phosphate (PCr) into the muscle cells, the body increases its immediate energy supply, by facilitating the production of ATP which increases power output and strength. High-intensity training programs require the body to go under strenuous aerobic and anaerobic conditions. By supplementing the body with creatine, you will induce a greater improvement in exercise endurance and athletic performance, resulting in improved times, more peak power, and stronger lifts.*
SWOLVERINE is an endurance athlete and active lifestyle brand. Made for the elite athlete, and the strong-willed our products were designed to fuel your athletic performance. We perform when you perform.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.
- "Retraction Notice: J. Golini, Improved Creatine Stability and pH Profile for Kre-Alkalyn, International Journal of Pharmacology, Phytochemistry and Ethnomedicine. Vol. 1, pp. 20-22, 2015", International Journal of Pharmacology, Phytochemistry and Ethnomedicine, Vol. 6, p. 87, 2017
- Casey A, Greenhaff P. Does dietary creatine supplementation play a role in skeletal muscle metabolism and performance? Am J Clin Nutr. 2000;72:607S–617S
- Volek J, Duncan N, Mazzetti S, Staron R, Putukian M, Gómez A, Pearson D, Fink W, Kraemer W. Performance and muscle fiber adaptations to creatine supplementation and heavy resistance training. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1999;31:1147–1156. doi: 10.1097/00005768-199908000-00011.
- Cooper, Robert et al. “Creatine supplementation with specific view to exercise/sports performance: an update” Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 9,1 33. 20 Jul. 2012, doi:10.1186/1550-2783-9-33
- Rawson ES, Volek JS. Effects of creatine supplementation and resistance training on muscle strength and weightlifting performance. J Strength Cond Res. 2003;17(4):822-31.
- Nunes JP, Ribeiro AS, Schoenfeld BJ, et al. Creatine supplementation elicits greater muscle hypertrophy in upper than lower limbs and trunk in resistance-trained men. Nutr Health. 2017;23(4):223-229.
- Afgerinos A., Vodenicharova, K., Shishmanova D., Goranov D., Stroychev K., Clinical Trial Comparison of Kre-Alkalyn -vs- Creatine Monohydrate. Dr. I.S. Greenberg Medical Center, Sofia, Bulgaria (2006)
- Golini J., A CONTROLLED ENDURANCE STUDY WITH KRE-ALKALYN-VS-CREATINE. BioCeutical Research & Development Laboratory. (2009)
- Stroychev K., Terziiski N., Comparison of Kre-Alkalyn to Creatine on body composition, muscular performance, & safety: Dr. I.S. Greenberg Medical Center, Sofia, Bulgaria (2006)
- Afgerinos A., Vodenicharova, K., Shishmanova D., Goranov D., Stroychev K., kre-alkalyn toxicity study in humans. Dr. I.S. Greenberg Medical Center, Sofia, Bulgaria (2006)