Yep, you read that right. We put together sweet potatoes, cocoa, and nut butter to come up with this gooey, fudge, gluten free and vegan brownie recipe. The sweet potato adds depth and moisture to this recipe where oil traditionally does. It’s low calorie and nutrient packed without a ton of added sugar or allergy ingredients. Hope you like brownies (I mean, who really doesn’t!?).
Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies (V/GF)
Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 10-16 brownies
- 1 cup cooked & mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup mini carob chips (or chocolate chips if you’re not making these Vegan)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- For the sweet potato, boil or bake until extremely soft
- Mix together or mash the sweet potato until smooth
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well incorporated
- Pour into a greased 8x8 pan or line it with parchment paper
- Bake at 350 for ~10-15 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted and comes out mostly clean
- It may seem a little underdone, but it will firm as it cools in the pan when you take it out
- Top with some carob/chocolate chips and some nuts if you’d like!
- Let cool and serve
Need Help With Optimizing Your Diet And Nutrition Plan To Finally Get The Results You've Been Waiting For?
SWOLVERINE IS AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLE BRAND. MADE FOR THE ELITE ATHLETE, AND THE STRONG-WILLED OUR PRODUCTS WERE DESIGNED TO FUEL YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. WE PERFORM WHEN YOU PERFORM.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.