Sweet, savory, and bursting with bright lemon flavor, this protein-packed lemon lavender pound cake recipe is going to not just be a new Spring favorite of yours, but something delicious that you can make all year long. With simple ingredients, like greek yogurt, lemon, flour, and some Truvia baking sugar, you can whip this recipe up in just under 10 minutes, toss it in the oven, and have it done within the hour. We recommend pairing a slice with a cup of tea (or iced tea for those hot days) and dressing it up with dried lavender and lemon zest on top of the glaze! We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE SWOLE KITCHEN, 1:1 CUSTOMIZED NUTRITION PROGRAMMING. LEARN MORE AT WWW.THESWOLEKITCHEN.COM
3 Tips For Baking With Lavender
This lemon lavender cake recipe does call for dried lavender and we don’t get too picky with it, but if you’re looking to really maximize that fresh lavender taste, we’ve got three tips for baking with lavender below.
- First and foremost, don’t overdo the amount of lavender you put into the recipe. Experiment with a small amount at first, then up it on the next batch that you make just to be sure it’s not too overpowering.
- If you want to use fresh lavender, no problem, just double up what the recipe calls for. Dried lavender is more concentrated than fresh lavender.
- Lastly, if your lavender is dried, you can soak it in a few drops of full-fat milk for an hour or so. This will hydrate the lavender and the fat helps with the even distribution into the bread (or cake).
Baking With Lemons
We prefer to use Meyer Lemons in this lemon lavender cake recipe rather than regular lemons due to the acidity and strength of the lemon. Regular lemons will add a stronger acidity or bite, while Meyer lemons add a little more sweetness to a recipe. To find what you like best, experiment with both!
What Is Collagen?
Collagen is a structural protein, specifically a polypeptide containing a mixture of the amino acids glycine, proline, and lysine. As one of the most abundant proteins in the human body, Collagen consists of nearly one-third or 30% of total human protein [R]. Collagen is engrained within the connective tissue of animals and humans, specifically found in the cartilage, tendons, muscles, and bones (think of Collagen, as the glue that holds everything together).
Your body naturally produces collagen from certain vitamins and minerals from the food you eat. However, Collagen production naturally declines as you age [R]. When the production of Collagen declines, we’re met with wrinkles, sag, and sometimes even cellulite, which is completely natural considering our bodies are not capable of repairing themselves as they once did, in your adolescence. Suggested health claims, propose that Collagen can benefit and repair muscle, joints, and bones, and also support healthy hair and skin.
The Best Collagen Powder For Baking
Swolverine's Collagen Protein is made with pure hydrolyzed collagen peptides. Unflavored and virtually tasteless, you can add it to your coffee, smoothies, shakes, and even to your baking recipes to get an added boost of protein whenever you may need it. Collagen can help replenish your body with the vital protein you need to build lean muscle mass, strength, and help support healthy joints and glowing skin.
GET THE PRODUCT: Swolverine's Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein Powder
Lemon Lavender Cake Made With Greek Yogurt And Collagen Protein Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 slices
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Swolverine Collagen Protein Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup sugar -or- 1/2 cup Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Dried Lavender
- 1/2 cup butter (room temp)
Lemon Lavender Glaze
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk/Nut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 pinch Dried Lavender
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease a 9x5 bread pan, set aside
- Combine all dry ingredients (except sugar) into a medium bowl, set aside
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer, adding yogurt until the mixture becomes fluffy (do not overtax)
- Add dry ingredients gradually while mixing into the wet ingredients
- Beat all ingredients until smooth
- Fold in dried lavender with a spoon
- Pour batter into the bread pan and bake ~30 minutes or until you can poke with a knife and it comes out clean
- While waiting for the bread to bake, mix together glaze ingredients
- Let the bread cool before you glaze it
Looking for the perfect Collagen Protein to add a boost of perfection to your tasty baked treats?
SWOLVERINE is an endurance athlete and active lifestyle brand. Made for the elite athlete, and the strong-willed our products were designed to fuel your athletic performance. We perform when you perform.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.