If you’re anything like us, then you like a good muffin as a snack or evening treat. If you hop on Pinterest though, coming across a good muffin recipe made with collagen protein is hard to find! So what’d we do? We took a timeless classic, zucchini muffins, and buffed them up with some of our grass-fed, hydrolyzed collagen protein powder, and made them into an easy and healthy zucchini muffin recipe just for you!
With this healthy zucchini muffin recipe, you can indulge with a baked good knowing that it’s free of guilt, tons of carbs, unnecessary sugars and refined ingredients. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
What Is Collagen?
Collagen is a structural protein, specifically a polypeptide containing a mixture of the amino acids glycine, proline, and lysine. As one of the most abundant proteins in the human body, Collagen consists of nearly one-third or 30% of total human protein [R]. Collagen is engrained within the connective tissue of animals and humans, specifically found in the cartilage, tendons, muscles, and bones (think of Collagen, as the glue that holds everything together).
Your body naturally produces collagen from certain vitamins and minerals from the food you eat. However, Collagen production naturally declines as you age [R]. When the production of Collagen declines, we’re met with wrinkles, sag, and sometimes even cellulite, which is completely natural considering our bodies are not capable of repairing themselves as they once did, in your adolescence. Suggested health claims, propose that Collagen can benefit and repair muscle, joints, and bones, and also support healthy hair and skin.
The Best Collagen Powder For Baking
Swolverine's Collagen Protein is made with pure hydrolyzed collagen peptides. Unflavored and virtually tasteless, you can add it to your coffee, smoothies, shakes, and even to your baking recipes to get an added boost of protein whenever you may need it. Collagen can help replenish your body with the vital protein you need to build lean muscle mass, strength, and help support healthy joints and glowing skin.
GET THE PRODUCT: Swolverine's Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein Powder
Healthy Zucchini Muffin Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 18 minutes
Cool Time: 5 Minutes
Servings: Makes 12 medium-sized Muffins
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup (29g) Swolverine Collagen Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Baking Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp & 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 & 1/2 cup Grated Zucchini (pat dry with a paper towel)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (176C) and line a muffin tin with muffin liners or grease them with oil/cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (almond flour, oats, collagen, baking flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt). Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg until it becomes slightly frothy. Whisk in the greek yogurt, sugar, vanilla and egg whites. Fold in the zucchini shreds.
- Combine the bowls together and mix gently until just combined *do not overmix*. You can add in some chocolate chips here if your heart desires!
- Pour the batter into the muffin tips, filling until almost full
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the middle of the muffin and it comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for ~5 minutes until you remove them.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or put into an airtight container/bag and freeze for up to 5 months.
Why Should You Take Collagen?
Before supplements, Collagen was obtained in the diet from bone broths or slow-cooked organ meats. Considering that Collagen is within every connective tissue such as the skin, hair, nails, and bones, and that chances are you’re not really getting any collagen in your diet through eating liver and onions, supplementing with collagen hydrolysate might be worth considering.
Our hydrolyzed collagen doesn’t clump and is easy to mix into a delicious smoothie, cookies, sauce, shake, or even plain water. You can even mix it in your coffee (or any other hot beverage) since it’s virtually tasteless and more heat stable than other forms of protein.
Boost Your Natural Collagen Levels, Increase Health, and Fight Aging with a Collagen Supplement!
SWOLVERINE is an endurance athlete and active lifestyle brand. Made for the elite athlete, and the strong-willed our products were designed to fuel your athletic performance. We perform when you perform.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.