Espresso beans for energy. Subtle, little, and delicious morsels of caffeine, collagen, and chocolate, talk about yum! If you’re anything like us you live off of coffee. If you’re also like us, you get sick of coffee throughout the day. By 3 pm you need a pick-me-up but you don’t want to down another cup of coffee because it’ll keep you up to midnight. What are you to do!? Munch on these collagen-rich white chocolate covered espresso beans. In this article, we’ll guide you through how to make your own chocolate covered coffee beans using Swolverine’s unflavored collagen protein powder.
What To Put Collagen Powder In
To be honest, you can put collagen powder in just about anything. The best part about hydrolyzed collagen peptide powder, like Swolverine's COLLAGEN, is that it mixes in liquid and blends extremely easy when used in foods and baking.
Why Use Collagen Powder
Swolverine's Collagen Protein is made with pure hydrolyzed collagen peptides. Unflavored and virtually tasteless, you can add it to your coffee, smoothies, shakes, and even to your baking recipes to get an added boost of protein whenever you may need it. Collagen can help replenish your body with the vital protein you need to build lean muscle mass, strength, and help support healthy joints and glowing skin.
PURCHASE PRODUCT: Swolverine's Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein Powder
White Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans Recipe - With Collagen
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 min Fridge Time: 10 min Total Time: 20 min
- 100g chocolate of choice (we used white chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup of coffee beans or espresso beans
- 2 scoops of Swolverine's Collagen Protein Powder
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Place chocolate and collagen powder in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until the mixture is soft and fluid. *Be sure not to heat the chocolate and collagen too much, or it’ll get chunky*
- Remove the bowl from microwave. Careful, the bowl might be hot!
- Using the fork, fish out coffee beans one by one, and let chocolate drip off of the bean before putting on the parchment or foil lined baking tray. This step requires some patience, as it gets pretty tedious. If you’re impatient like us, we recommend clumping together a few beans at a time.
- Once on the tray, place the beans in the fridge or freezer. Coat the beans as much as you’d like, until the desired ratio of chocolate to beans is achieved.
17.9 Total Fat
18g Total Carbs
Keep in mind these macros are based on the condition that you use all of the chocolate in the bowl. The fewer coats, the better macros. Additionally, the type of chocolate you will use will influence the recipe positively or negatively. We did use white chocolate which is one of the highest sugar contents of all the chocolates, but they were a treat for us ;)
What kind of chocolate should I use? We recommend any chocolate variation that you’d like, honestly. Try a bar of chili chocolate or orange zest chocolate bar if you feel like mixing it up.
Why aren’t my beans pretty? Don’t feel bad if your beans don’t look like the shiny chocolate robin eggs your grandma gives you in the springtime. Commercial chocolate-coated espresso and coffee beans get their smooth shine from a lacquer spray unavailable to the average home chef. Don’t fret, your beans will be just as good, and if they’re not as chocolatey as you want them to be, add a couple more coats.
Can you put toppings on? Yes! We recommend adding toppings, like raspberry powder, sea salt, caramel or nuts (for example) while the chocolate is still pretty melty.
Want 20% off 45 Servings of Swolverine's Unflavored Collagen Protein Powder? Subscribe & Save! Click The Image To Purchase Yours
SWOLVERINE is an endurance athlete and active lifestyle brand. Made for the elite athlete, and the strong-willed our products were designed to fuel your athletic performance. We perform when you perform.
We believe that everyone can optimize not only their athletic performance but their human potential. The way we believe we can optimize performance is through transparency, clinically effective doses, and clinically proven ingredients with evidence-based outcomes. We provide the nutrients you need to power your active lifestyle.