CrossFit HQ announced on that Open competitors can complete and submit from the comfort of their own home, or, garage, we should say. The Open series is 5 consecutive weeks during the months of February and March. And you know what? Sometimes life just get's in the way and you run out of time. Sunday night comes along and you haven't done that week's workout - what are you to do? Hop in the garage, flip on the video recorder, and fitness away. Don't forget to submit your score!
Can I do the Open in my garage gym?
Yes, you CAN complete the 2018 Open workouts at home and submit a competitive score.
Do you need to belong to an affiliate to do the Open?
No, you do not need to belong to an affiliate to complete the workout and submit a score from home.
How to Register for the 2018 CrossFit Open: Home Gym Edition
- Set up your CrossFit ID or login with your current one.
- Select “I do not work out at a CrossFit Affiliate” when prompted to select where you work out at. If you can, submit your postal code, country, and state.
- Have the Proper Equipment (duh, dummy)
- Record: Know how to video your workout, whether, with your cell phone, a sweet camera, go-pro, or drone (we don’t recommend this one) and you’re set to do the Open workouts anytime and anywhere. Garage gym junkies unite!
- Video Requirements: Make sure your video is uncut and unedited. Your clock & timer (if you don’t have a snazzy clock at home, download an app such as: WODProof, WeTime, MyWod, Timerspro, and SmartWOD.
- Pay attention to additional standards for Open workout submissions. Make all movements clearly visible, be in the frame the whole time. More detailed info here: http://games-support.crossfit.com/article/120-what-are-the-standards-for-a-video-submission
- Don’t be a weenie. Sign up. And if you’re nervous? Head on down to an affiliate and join in on the party. Who knows, you might get a free beer out of it (post-workout of course)!