Alright, y’all. This past week I was homesick and called my mom to ask for a few recipes that I loved when I lived at home. She sent me this recipe and it immediately brought back some special memories of meals shared with my family. Baked to be as crispy or crunchy as you want, these provide some freedom to get creative with how you pair them and bake them to your preference!
THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE SWOLE KITCHEN, 1:1 CUSTOMIZED NUTRITION PROGRAMMING. LEARN MORE AT WWW.THESWOLEKITCHEN.COM
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 pieces of chicken
- 4 oz pork rinds
- 5 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 12 oz of small chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz avocado mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the pork rinds into a food processor and grind until it reaches a powder-like texture with the exception of a few larger pieces. If you do not have a food processor, you can also place the pork rinds in a zip lock bag and crush them by hand.
- In a large bowl, combine pork rinds with thyme, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper, and smoked paprika.
- In another wide bowl, whisk the two eggs, avocado mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard. Dip each piece of chicken into the mixture and then roll it in the pork rind mixture until the crumbs are all over the piece.
- Place chicken on a wire rack on a baking pan and bake for a total of 40 minutes.
This recipe is a great way to get the taste of crunchy, crispy chicken while staying in control of your macronutrient intake as you gain a sufficient amount of protein and fat with little carbs. Paired with any dipping sauce of your choice and possibly a side of sweet potato fries or steamed veggies, this meal is quick and easy to prepare and perfect to share with your family like I did! Enjoy!