Tell us a little about you…
I'm a Crossfit L2 coach and full-time fitness professional. I coach at three gyms here in Houston (two of them are Crossfit affiliates) and I also do programming and personal training to make a living. I'm also a competitive bodybuilder. As an athlete, I take my training very seriously. My training right now is a mix of Crossfit and bodybuilding-style training.
What are some of your athletic/fitness accolades?
- Crossfit L2 Trainer
- I’ve competed in Crossfit, Olympic weightlifting, Powerlifting and currently prepping for my first bodybuilding competition (NPC Bikini)
- 2017 USAPL 57 kg nationally qualified lifter
- 2019 The Fittest Experience qualifier and competitor
- Houston D10 Team Winner 2017
What have been some trying moments during your professional career, or life in general, that have shaped you into the woman you are today?
Three years ago, I made the very tough decision to leave my corporate career to pursue fitness full-time. It’s been a difficult journey to walk away from everything I knew and try to find my place in this industry. I’m still not sure exactly where I fit in with fitness, but I know without a doubt that it’s where I’m meant to be. I’m grateful every day that I get to do this as a job.
When on the road, what’s your best piece of advice about staying on track with your health and fitness?
I used to travel a lot for work so I became a ninja at “making it work”. I would say it boils down to establishing your priorities and planning ahead. A few of my hacks are:
- Research gyms in the area where you’re going to be (if you want to get in workouts)
- Bring bands and have some travel WODs on hand when you’re without a gym or only have a hotel gym
- Find hotels with fridges and stock the fridge with some healthy food when you arrive
- Bring your own non-perishable snacks and supplements in your luggage
- Get up early/find the time to work out – if it’s a priority, you will find the time.
What’s your favorite part about coaching?
I love seeing people taking ownership of their health and fitness. A gym is a place where people are actively investing in themselves and that energy is just magical to be a part of.
Credit: @Sarah Herse
When did your fitness journey begin?
I grew up as a competitive dancer and gymnast. After high school, I fell off with fitness and didn’t really feel inspired again until I discovered Crossfit about 5 years ago. Once I discovered Crossfit, I was completely hooked. The rest is history.
What do you like to do outside of the gym?
Hang out with my husband, watch reality TV, drink tequila, listen to gangster rap, look at art/fashion
Why do you choose to fuel with Swolverine?
I love experimenting with supplements and Swolverine has a bunch of great products that are proven effective. They are honest and transparent about their ingredients which I love.